Everything You Need To Know Concerning The Advantages Of Avocado
Avocado is a unique fruit that in one third consists of fat. And this is why it helps your health and harmony. Say, it is a paradox? You have another guess coming! A benefit of avocado is that it contains unsaturated fats that do not bring any harm, but rather reduce cholesterol and protect your heart. It is also important that a person needs fat in order to absorb vitamins. However, almost all its forms are saturated, and it is not suitable for people who want to lose weight.
- Improves heart operation. Avocado contains a huge amount of natural plant sterol, called beta-sitosterol. Regular consumption of beta-sitosterol helps to maintain normal cholesterol levels in blood.
- Great for improving eyesight. Avocado contains lutein and zeaxanthin – two elements that are essential for eye health. These two carotenoids act as antioxidants for your eyes, and can minimize damage and reduce the risk of age-related degeneration.
- Prevents osteoporosis. When the substances necessary for bones are discussed, vitamin K is often overlooked, but it is as important as calcium and vitamin D. Vitamin K helps improving bone health by increasing calcium absorption and reducing its excretion from the body.
- Eliminates cancer. Low levels of folic acid appear to stimulate the breast cancer in women. Consumption of this substance will also be useful for prevention of the cancer of the colon, stomach, pancreas and cervical cancer.
- Children’s health. Folic acid is also crucial for pregnant women. Sufficient consumption of it protects against miscarriage and neural tube defects. Recent studies have also revealed that father’s normal levels of folic acid before conception of can be just as important.
- Decreases the risk of depression. Another advantage of products with high levels of folic acid lays in reduction of the risk of depression. The folic acid helps to prevent excessive homocysteine, which can partly block blood and other nutrients so that they do not reach the brain. Homocysteine also interferes with the production of hormones of joy and energy - serotonin, dopamine and norepinephrine.
- Improves digestion. Despite the creamy texture avocados actually have high fibre content. Eating these foods can help preventing constipation, maintain health of the digestive tract and reduce the risk of colon cancer.
- Natural detoxification. Fibres help eliminating toxins and play an essential role in regulating the immune system and prevention of various inflammations.